|“||A heavy duty shark with the widest mouth||”|
— In-game description.
The Basking Shark is one of the many new sharks added into Hungry Shark World and is one of the 3 XXL tier sharks in the game alongside the Great White Shark and Whale Shark. Since it has a wide mouth, it can be used to offensively rampage through many creatures in the water, as well as out of water.
Pros & Cons
- Very large mouth capable of eating large amounts of fish at once
- Very large diet and high health
- Can maneuver on land quite well
- Can get stuck in tight spaces, like the Swimming Pool
- Large size makes it hard to avoid mines, jellyfish, volcano jets and toxic barrels
- Very expensive and takes a long time to unlock and upgrade
- Upgrades cost lots of coins
1000 gems or 100 000 coins.
In game, the basking shark eats humans, but in real life, it eats plankton. And it has a few small teeth.
- It's one of the only 3 filter feeding sharks in hungry shark world. The others are Megamouth Shark and the Whale Shark.
- It however doesn't have an enemy version, despite there are enemy versions shown in what they can eat.
- The Basking Shark is the only shark in Hungry Shark World without teeth.
- The Basking Shark originally costs 120,000 coins, however it later got updated.