|“||Cuts through vehicles and prey with its wheel of teeth!||”|
— In-game description
Buzz was the first shark introduced into the game that requires collectibles to unlock. He was added in the 2017 Shark Week update along with Snuffy (pet seal) and two new power-ups: the Treasure Detector and Flying Pets.
It can be purchased with 650,000 coins or 1,500 gems, after unlocking by collecting 100 fossils.
He has a "buzzsaw" made of teeth, skin, and gums. He can also cut through submarines and helicopters, and quickly grind through other sharks, whales and colossal squid tentacles. This is sepecially useful since submarines, helicopters, whales and colossal squid tentacles are hard to get through (they take a lot of time to eat or destroy). It also grips onto vehicles and prey, slicing them into bits.
Can break pink crystals.
Buzz can be unlocked after getting 50 fossils which will only appear after getting the Megalodon. After getting 50 fossils you can buy Buzz for 650,000 coins or you can just skip all this process of getting fossils and saving up enough coins to buy him and just purchase him using 1,500 gems.
Pros & Cons
- Buzzsaw of teeth capable of decimation of choppers, subs, and Colossal Squid's tentacles
- Very high bite stats
- Never encountered as an enemy
- The saw of teeth works when you boost
- Useful in eating contests
- Very useful if trying to destroy the Deep Sea Sub
- Health doesn't drain very quickly same as Megalodon (HSW)
- Has an amazingly powerful bite
- Slow speed, may not be useful for distance contests
- Very large body makes it hard to go through small cracks
- Takes a long time to get to the max level
- End-game, so high cost. Even more expensive than Mr. Snappy which is after the shark.
- Costs a lot to upgrade
|HP (Increase by Level)|
|Speed, Bite & Boost Upgrades|
|Total Cost:||207,500 × 3 = 622,500 coins|
- Buzz probably isn't actually a shark. A recent study showed that helicoprion was not a shark but a member of the ratfish family.
- The actual appearance of the helicoprion's lower jaw is still heavily debated, as scientist still speculate if the helicoprion had a long prehensible lash that could be swung about amongst a shoal of fish, a tight tooth whorl, or a tight tooth whirl situated within a small lower jaw. However, scientist are more convinced with the latter theory.
- The real size of Helicoprion is uncertain, as the largest confirmed tooth whorl indicates a 10-meter animal, but a larger (though incomplete) tooth whorl may indicate an animal up to 12 meters.
- Buzz is the third to last !! shark to be unlocked in Hungry Shark World and the third purple shark to be introduced into the game.