|“||Based on a creature rumoured to exist beneath the ice sheets of the moon Europa.||”|
— In-game description
The Ice Shark is the second Top-Secret Lab shark to be unlocked in Hungry Shark Evolution. It was added to the game in December 2013. Her special power is Super Freeze Breath. In many ways, the Ice Shark is pretty similar to the Electro Shark.
The Ice Shark can only be viewed when the Top Secret Lab is unlocked with a high score of at least 350,000. Once an additional score prerequisite is met (scoring 500,000 points), it costs 75,000 coins or 450 gems to purchase. This is fairly cheap for a Top-Secret Lab shark, but still (in coins) three times as expensive as the Electro Shark.
Abilities and diet
The Ice Shark is a pretty powerful but small shark. It Super Freeze Breath allows her to freeze prey when boosting. This encases them in a frozen block of ice, giving a +100 % point bonus when eaten. The ice doesn't only stun prey, but also makes their health deplete.The range of the Super Freeze Breath increases by a very small amount every time the Ice Shark levels up.
The Ice Shark has a health bar as large as the Great White Shark's. This allows it to survive several bites from dangerous prey and last long games. Its diet, health, and boost bar are all similar to the Great White Shark except for the boost speed. It can't eat Mines
A major drawback of the Ice Shark is its inability to speed up while using its boost. It even becomes slower while boosting. This makes it hard for it to catch flying prey such as pelicans. However, pelicans can still be caught by its Super Freeze Breath (frozen prey sink). Unfortunately, the Ice Shark's icy breath's short range restricts it from catching Paragliders (Paragliders can be caught by the freeze breath but won't fall) and iher inability to freeze Helicopters restricts it from catching them, too.
Because the Ice Shark lacks speed, many players think of her as not worth its price even though players can freeze prey. Most players would rather buy the Megalodon, which is, in fact, way stronger. The Ice Shark is probably the worst Top Secret Lab shark around.
In the 2014 Christmas Update, Enemy Ice Sharks were added as part of the new Christmas-themed content. The enemy Ice Sharks can be found in Christmas Land, the Arctic Land/Titanic Zone. The enemy Ice Sharks seem to have the same appearance as the regular Ice Shark, unlike other enemy sharks which have slightly altered appearances to their regular counterparts.
The enemy Ice Sharks retain the Super Freeze Breath special ability of the regular Ice Shark. The frost breath breathed by the Enemy Ice Shark will slow down your shark temporarily for a few seconds. The frost breath does not seem to deal any damage. It doesn't have a very long range either. The Santa Baby, when equipped, nullifies the effect of enemy Freeze Breath.
Pros & Cons
- Large diet, including vehicles and jellyfish.
- Good health bar.
- Can freeze prey.
- Rather slow health drain.
- Levels up very fast.
- It is a "top secret" shark.
- Not versatile; cannot equip any accessories.
- Small boost, and slows down when doing so.
- Helpless on land.
- Can't eat mines.
- Need to aim the Freeze Breath.
- Seriously small at start.
- Does not save growth.
|Ice, Ice, Baby||Freeze 1,500 enemies||2 Gems|
|Ice 'Em!||Kill 600 enemies||1 Gems|
|Ice and Fire||Kill 2 Pyro Sharks||3 Gems|
|Tip of the Iceberg!||Get 10,000,000 points||2 Gems|
|Winter Has Come!||Reach Max Level||5 Gems|
- The Ice Shark was the first Top Secret Lab shark to get an enemy counterpart.
- She is one of the four special sharks to have an enemy counterpart nowadays (The other three being Electro Shark, Robo Shark and Pyro Shark).
- It has been discovered that the Ice Shark can deal damage normally to the Giant Crab, and break Mini Subs. However, both of these are huge threats to the Ice Shark as she can't boost into them.
- If the Ice Shark freezes prey that can't be eaten by her (such as Enemy Alans, Enemy Snappies or Enemy Big Daddies, Seal Mom and Mines), then those creatures will remain frozen but won't be edible while frozen. Eventually they will unfreeze and become normal again.
- You can find the Enemy Ice Shark by diving deep into the Arctic Land, it is recommended not to hunt Ice Sharks being a Tiger Shark or lower.
- This shark has eyes similar to chameleons due to their eyes being on both sides of their heads and looking at a different direction.
- The Ice Shark can kill the Pyro Shark, despite being weaker. This may be because Ice is made of water, and thus can kill the Pyro Shark partially made out of fire.
- It is a female as shown in hungry shark's International women's day post on Facebook. Same goes with the Smooth Hammerhead
Reef Shark · Mako Shark · Hammerhead Shark · Tiger Shark · Great White Shark · Megalodon · Big Daddy (Dunkleosteus) · Mr. Snappy (Mosasaurus) · Alan, Destroyer of Worlds · Moby Dick · Leo (Liopleurodon) · Nessie (Plesiosaur) · Sharkjira · Abysshark (Shark From The Depths) · Kraken · Luminite