Jellyfish are one of the many hazards of the Hungry Shark series, and are in all of the installments, with the exception of Hungry Shark: Night.
There are three different variations; the blue (normal) jellyfish, green (box) jellyfish and pink (moon) jellyfish, and all will spawn in various parts of the map. Blue jellyfish are the most common, green jellyfish are the second most common, and pink jellyfish are the rarest. Only blue and green jellyfish may be found in shallow water.
Jellyfish are dangerous, and will poison you on contact unless you buy the antidote power up from Hungry Shark Evolution in the store, or you can use the Megalodon, Robo Shark, Big Daddy, Mr. Snappy the Great White and the Ice Shark and above(they are immune to all jellyfish, except the Great White and Electro Shark, they can eat only blue jellyfish).
In Hungry Shark Part 1, 2, and 3, eating jellyfish caused your health to decrease. In Hungry Shark Evolution, when your shark makes contact with a jellyfish, it will be stung and turn green for a few seconds. During these few seconds, your shark's health decreases at an accelerated rate, varying on the type of jellyfish. The blue jellyfish's poisonous effect is least harmful (dealing 7 damage per second), while the green's is the second most damaging (11 damage per second), and pink jellyfish's is the most damaging (18 damage per second).
Appearance in HSW
In Hungry Shark World, Jellyfish appear in all of the usual types, but there is a difference in term of the types of shark which can eat them: Blue jellyfish can be eaten by XL sharks and above, Green by XXL sharks and above and Pink by !! sharks or above (additionally Red if the player has the Atomic Shark or Meltdown Shark). There is also two brand new types of Jellyfish, one of which appears in every ocean. The jellyfish mentioned to appear in every ocean are large, red colored and cannot be eaten by any possible type of shark unless the Mega Gold Rush is active, or all of the HUNGRY letters have been collected. However, they can be eaten by the Atomic Shark and the Meltdown Shark without said Mega Gold Rush. The other new species of jellyfish is the King Jelly, which is an extremely large jellyfish exclusive to the South China Sea, and cannot be eaten by any shark unless if you have Mega Gold Rush or HUNGRY letters, and tend to spawn with pink jellyfish in smaller quantities.
- Main article: Red Jellyfish
Red Jellyfish are very deadly. Their poisonous effect causes a shark to lose health at very fast rate and for quite a long amount of time, killing smaller and even XL sharks after touching them once and bigger sharks after touching them 2, or 3 times. They should be avoided at all costs, since one mistake may spell shark's death (Atomic Sharks and Meltdown Sharks can eat them).
- Main article: King Jelly
King Jellies are even more deadlier than Red Jellyfish. One sting can kill an !! shark without eating quickly. King Jellies should always be avoided and take note that sometimes more than one King Jelly can spawn in an area infested with pink jellyfish.
- Sharks after the Tiger Shark plus all special sharks can eat blue jellyfish. (HSE)
- Sharks after the Great White plus some special sharks like the Robo Shark can also eat green and pink jellyfish, therefore, they can't be stung by jellyfish at all, rendering them unable to use antidotes. (HSE)
- In previous versions of Hungry Shark Evolution, the Great White Shark could not eat blue jellyfish.
- In the museum the reward was said to be "zero", that's not actually true, and it was probably an exaggeration: jellyfish do restore health and give points; they restore a minuscule 2 points of health, which is not noticeable. This was stated by Future Games of London on their Hungry Shark Evolution Facebook page. The exact value of 2 points is very, very little.
- Despite looking like a feature, there are glitches regarding jellyfish size. Some jellyfish are so little that they're hard to notice, and the player could pass on them and get stung without even noticing them, and some jellyfish are more than 8 meters long (bigger than a Tiger Shark) and can completely block the access to some underwater caves. (HSE)
- Green Jellyfish are hard to notice in shallow water, so Reef-Great White tier sharks can get stung a lot and not notice it even if the jellyfish are big.
- The HSE and HSW Blue Jellyfish is based on the jellyfish species called Atlantic sea nettle (Chrysaora quinquecirrha).
- The HSE and HSW Green Jellyfish is based on the Box Jellyfish (class Cubozoa). Despite the game calling it as a green jellyfish, its real life counterpart is mostly colored white or blue.
- The HSE Pink Jellyfish is based on the Compass jellyfish (Chrysaora hysoscella).
- The HSW Red Jellyfish is based on the species Pelagia noctiluca.
- The HSW King Jellyfish is based on the Lion's mane jellyfish (Cyanea capillata).
Sardines · Tropical Fish · Barracuda · Swimmer · Sailfish · Jellyfish (Blue) · Jellyfish (Green) · Jellyfish (Pink) · Diver Knife · Pelican · Mini Sub · Toxic Barrel · Seal Pup · Shark Man · Mega Mine · Mine · Tube Man · Diver Speargun · Stingray · Turtle · Small Fishing Boat · Lion Fish · Tuna · Jetski · Kempy Bass · Gemfish · Small Crab · Fisherman · Fisherman Captain · Beach Woman · Beach Man · Evil Reef Shark · Evil Hammerhead · Evil Great White · Gulper Fish · Blob Fish · Angler Fish · Puffer Fish · Flying Fish · Harpoon Boat · Paraglider · Giant Crab · Enemy Megalodon · Helicopter · Exotic Bird · Large Shark Cage · Small Shark Cage · Shark Finning Boat · Shark Finner · Seal Pup · Ultra Mines · King of Summer · Enemy Big Daddy