Puffer Fish are a medium-level danger fish in Hungry Shark Evolution and Hungry Shark World. The Pufferfish when deflated can be eaten by any shark. However, when inflated, only Tiger Shark and above can consume it. Trying to eat it with the Hammerhead Shark, Mako Shark or Reef Shark will reduce your shark's HP by 10. When consumed they will give your shark 90 points to your score and 15 HP. In Hungry Shark World, same rules apply, however a currently unknown high level species of shark can start eating them regardless.
In previous versions, pufferfish had to be chased in circles to inflate them. Now pufferfish are more sensitive. When a shark comes in range but does not eat the fish, the second time the shark passes it will inflate. However, if using the cloaking device, like other prey, it won't know you're there and it won't inflate.
Pufferfish can be hard to spot because they look like typical yellow fish. If your shark comes in range though, they will suddenly inflate. You have to boost at the pufferfish and eat them before they inflate.
- When successfully eaten, it you will see the Accolade "Puff Pastry!" or "Blow Out!"
- When using either the Reef Shark, Mako Shark or Hammerhead Shark, trying to eat an inflated Pufferfish will bring up the message: "Aquapuncture!" or "Prickly!"
- The Pufferfish can be mistaken for a Gem Fish, since both creatures are green and are of similar size.
- In this game, the Great White can eat Inflated Pufferfish, in real life however, it cannot.
- They are one of the most common fish in the game.